NGENGE-POSTGRAD SOLUTIONS IS HERE TO HELP YOU: NPGS has an Application Help Service that can help you find a position or prepare a CV or Cover Letter. Our professional experts can also apply for you from A to Z.
Deadline: May 31, 2022.
The University of Fribourg is a public research university in the city of Fribourg, Switzerland. It was founded in 1590 and is one of the world’s oldest universities. It is a Swiss public university and it’s one of the top universities in Switzerland. The University has six faculties, which offer courses on a wide range of topics. The University has about 10,000 students and 9,000 staff members.
The University of Fribourg offers courses in the humanities and social sciences, law, natural sciences, medicine and the arts. The university offers bachelor’s degrees (licence), master’s degrees (licence) as well as doctoral degrees (doctorate).
Available Fully Funded PhD and Postdocs at University of Fribourg Switzerland
Below you will find a listing of all the fully-funded PhD and postdoctoral opportunities at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland, with their details, deadlines, and application process.
Title: PhD Student
Location: The Molecular Pharmacology Group at the Section of Science and Medicine at the University of Fribourg
Position Type: 100.00%
The Molecular Pharmacology Group at the Section of Science and Medicine at the University of Fribourg, Switzerland, headed by Prof. Csaba Szabo, invites applications for a 3 year full-time PhD Student position.
The Department of Pharmacology is building and expanding a multidisciplinary research program focusing on the pathophysiological role of oxidants, free radicals and gaseous transmitters (NO, CO, H2S) in physiological processes and in various pathophysiological conditions, including various cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, critical illness and cancer.
- M.Sc. degree
- Background in pharmacology and/or experimental medicine and/or cell biology
- Interest in pathophysiological processes and hydrogen sulfide
- Background in free radical biochemistry or gasotransmitter biology is a plus
- We are looking for dynamic, highly motivated, meticulous, pro-active candidates with excellent conceptual and methodological background and superb problem-solving and analytical skills
- Written and Spoken English
- Meeting targets within a timetable
Applications must include in a single PDF:
– Cover letter (summarizing motivation and expertise for the position)
– Curriculum vitae
– Publication list and sample of writing (e.g. Master s thesis, scientific articles)
– Official university transcripts
– 2 Reference letters